Saturday, August 30, 2008

Deutschland, Deutschland, Über A-a-lles


After about twenty-four hours of traveling, we finally arrived in Leipzig. Well, at least Nadine and I did, plus two of our bags. Two other bags decided to go sightseeing, and we're pretty sure that they caught the next flight out of Philadelphia after ours.

We've had a good night's sleep, and I think that we may have successfully avoided the dreaded jet-lag. I'll be updating a bit more later today or tomorrow, and give all of you a detailed account of our last two weeks in Shepherdstown and the harrowing tales of our overseas travel.

Sorry for the sparse posts in the last couple of weeks, but now that the ball is really rolling, prepare for long and frequent posts!

-Adam

P.S. The words to the German national anthem no longer say "Germany, Germany, over everyone." I'm told that the updated version is something like "Germany, Germany, one Fatherland."

P.P.S. If you ever notice odd characters or funny letters, it's because German keyboards are laid out differently. Sometimes I forget that while I type...

No comments: